Eligibility Requirements for Nassau Works
- The desire to work
- The commitment to work with an employment specialist to assist you in obtaining and maintaining employment in the community.
- Your physical or mental disability interferes with your ability to become employed
- You need assistance to find or keep a job.
- Live in Nassau or County or close to Nassau County in the State of Florida.
- Be willing to be referred to the state VocRehab office to determine eligibility and funding for services.
Nassau Works is currently working with individuals with the following disabilities: Autism Spectrum, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual disabilities and other types of developmental disabilities.
Formula for Success with Nassau Works
- If your VR counselor refers you to Nassau Works you will work with your Employment Coach.
- Work with your Employment Consultant or Employment Specialist (Coach)
- Continue to communicate with both your VR counselor and Employment Coach
- Work with your Employment Coach in
- Career Exploration
- resume writing,
- filling out applications,
- learning interview skills,
- finding and following through with job leads,
- learning how to network,
- mock interviews,
- informational interviews,
- short term work experiences,
- on-the-job training opportunities and
- advocating with employers
- On and off the job coaching and Advocacy and work place supports
- Working with Nassau Works is a partnership between you and your Employment Coach and requires a commitment.
- Come to all your scheduled appointments
- Contact us if you are not able to come
- Follow up on job leads and any assignments given to you by your Coach
- Actively job seek on your own and communicate with your Employment coach